Vaccine Policy & Care Plan
As medical professionals, we feel very strongly that vaccinating your child on schedule with currently available vaccines is absolutely the right thing to do to protect all children and young adults.
Our practice does not accept new families that do not vaccinate their children.
The vaccine campaign is a victim of its own success. It’s precisely because vaccines are so effective at preventing illness that we even discuss whether or not they should be given. Because of the safety and effectiveness of vaccines, many of you have never seen a child with polio, tetanus, whooping cough, bacterial meningitis, or even chickenpox. And that, of course, is a wonderful thing.
We write this statement not to scare you or coerce you, but to make you aware of the facts, and to emphasize the importance of vaccinating your child. We recognize that the choice may be emotional for some parents. So we will do everything we can to support you, and to help you understand that vaccinating according to the schedule is the right thing to do.
Please understand, however, that delaying or “breaking up” the vaccines to give one or two at a time over two or more visits goes against expert recommendations, and can put your child at risk for serious illness or even death. Doing these things goes against both our medical advice and our core principles at Tender Care Pediatrics.
Because we are committed to protecting the health of your children through vaccination, we require all of our patients to be vaccinated. If you refuse to vaccinate your child despite all our efforts and recommendations, we will ask you to find another health care provider who shares your views. Please recognize that by not vaccinating, you are putting your child at unnecessary risk for life-threatening illness and disability, and even death.
Thank you for taking the time to read our vaccine policy. We’re always happy to answer any questions, or to discuss any concerns, you may have about vaccines.
Providers at Tender Care Pediatrics Believe
- We firmly believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illness, to promote health and wellness, and to save lives.
- We firmly believe in the safety of our vaccines.
- We at Tender Care Pediatrics strongly believe that kids and young adults should receive all of the recommended vaccines according to the schedule published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- We firmly believe, based on all available data, scientific literature, extensive studies, and evidence-based medicine, that vaccines do not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.
- We firmly believe that vaccinating kids and young adults is the single most important health-promoting intervention we perform and support as health care providers, and that you can perform as parents/caregivers.
- We firmly believe that thimerosal, a preservative that has been in vaccines for decades, and that remains in only a few vaccines today, does not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.
We know, and want you to know, that the recommended vaccines and their schedule are the results of years and years of scientific study and research, with data gathered on millions of children, by thousands of our brightest scientists and physicians.
We understand that there has always been, and will likely always be, discussion surrounding vaccination. But that discussion does not change the facts, or the science, or the evidence about vaccines.